Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Off to Camp

On Sunday, my grandparents and I drove Cal up to camp. My Mom took the girls for the day. Here are the girls yelling goodbye as we pulled away.


When we got there, I made him get out of the car to take a picture of him by the sign.


"Mom, you're embarrassing me!!!" was the response I got. But he did it anyways, and it's a good picture.
It seems like such a fun place, I had always wanted to go when I was young. We got him all checked in, and made our way to his cabin. When we pulled up, he said, "That's my house?" I think he thought he got a house all to himself.
Really though, inside there was a big room with 5 sets of bunkbeds. Room for 8 kids and 2 counselors. They also had their own bathroom with 3 sinks, 2 bathroom stalls, and 2 showers. Most of the kids were there already, and instantly a group introduced themselves to Cal and asked him to play cards. I don't think he would've said goodbye, except that we said goodbye to him!!
I have a feeling he won't want to come home, and he will be very eager to go back!! We pick him up Wednesday morning. I'm sure he'll have lots of fun stories to tell!! My Grandparents bought him a journal, so I hope he wrote some things in it so we know about all the fun he had.

2 comments:

jessicaj said...

I sure hope Cal has a great time! I know I always really enjoyed my time at camp and it holds some of my fondest memories of my younger years.

Morgan said...

Hey ~ I went to camp phillip when I was young too. I wonder if it is the same one...hmm...